I've been in the biggest blogging slump lately but I couldn't resist sharing with you my overnight breakfast I made for my husband, brother in law, and two nephews. It's usually a full house here on Nebraska game days, especially late ones, so I knew I needed to make an easy breakfast. I love "bed and breakfast" style menus but these boys don't eat ANY vegetables! After typing through a few recipes I decided on my menu:
~Bacon Biscuit Egg Casserole
~Coffee (for me :-)
I made these delicious Cinnamon Rolls adapted from Katie at Good Things Catered. Her recipes are yummy and relatively easy. I highly recommend her blog.
For the Egg Casserole, I made it on my own.
Bacon Biscuit Egg Casserole
~ 4 eggs
~ 1 c Whole Milk
~ Grands Flaky Biscuits
~ 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
~ 1/4 tsp Salt
~ 1/4 tsp Pepper
~ 3/4 c 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. In a stand mixer, whisk eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
2. Cut up biscuits into quarters
3. Pour half of egg mixture into a greased 8 in. square baking dish. Drop biscuit pieces evenly in dish. Pour remaining egg mixture on top of biscuits.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (You could just cook it now if you are making the morning of).
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 360°. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole isn't runny in the middle anymore.
Have a happy Labor Day weekend!